How links are chosen for LNC Online
LNC includes links to both internal (LNC) and external (non-LNC) websites. We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from and are suitable for the likely audience.
These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
- for further relevant information or other key source material
- for background information
- for useful practical information
- for entertainment or enjoyment
- for further informed comment
We do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind.
We link to sites purely on editorial merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
The LNC homepage does not accept submissions or requests. The homepage team selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of editorial relevance.
Links to external websites
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the LNC is not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:
- the LNC does not produce them or maintain/update them
- the LNC cannot change them
- they can be changed without the LNC’s knowledge or agreement.
Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.
The inclusion of a link to an external website from bbc.co.uk should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).